Another recipient of a free Yes smartphone has found their phone to suddenly catch on fire, this time while charging. Twitter user Fatin Najmi claims that yesterday, her sister’s subsidised YES smartphone suddenly burst into flames while the phone was charging.
She says that her sister, a Form 5 student, noticed that the phone’s battery had gotten slightly bulky the day before, but since the phone was always overheating since she received it, she didn’t think much of the situation and proceeded to charge it.
According to Fatin, her sister received the phone late last year under a YTL Foundation initiative. This is a worrying trend as earlier this week, seeing how another Yes phone of the same model under the Jaringan Prihatin programme caught on fire during the student’s online class, less than a month after it was received.
My sister punya dh selamat dah. Masa tengah charge kot meletop. pic.twitter.com/d4g2YayW8A
— نج🇵🇸🇲🇾 (@najmi_fatin) June 17, 2021
After hearing about the incident, Haspul Nizam Deraman, a teacher at SBPI, became worried that the student would have trouble continuing her online learning. He then contacted the school to try and gather funds from the school’s parent-teacher association (PIBG).
Needless to say, the outpour for the student was tremendous; in less than 30 minutes, they had gathered enough donations to buy a new phone. The phone the teacher bought was Vivo Y12s which, in this situation, is a generous upgrade from the Yes Altitude 3, and gifted the phone to the student on the day itself.
The post Another YTL Yes Altitude 3 Phone Catches Fire; Kind-Hearted Teacher Crowdfunds New Phone appeared first on Lowyat.NET.