Reunited and it feels so good. Colts head coach Frank Reich and Carson Wentz have been reunited in Indianapolis for the 2021 season and beyond, with the Eagles shipping Wentz to Indy for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional second rounder in 2022.
The Colts, obviously, are hoping that the Reich-Wentz reunion — Reich was Wentz’s offensive coordinator in 2016 and 2017 — will help refuel Wentz’s career and give the Colts the true successor to Andrew Luck.
The Colts don’t have a ton of capital to work with in the 2021 NFL Draft. With just two picks in the first two rounds and six picks overall, most of their heavy lifting will have to be done in Day 3 draft darts, with four picks in the final four rounds.
Here’s a complete look at the Colts in the 2021 NFL Draft, including their list of selections updated as picks are made.
Colts draft picks 2021: When does Indianapolis pick?
- Round 1, Pick No. 21: Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
- Round 2, Pick No. 54: Dayo Odeyingbo, DT, Vanderbilt
- Round 4, Pick No. 127: Kylen Granson, TE, SMU
- Round 5, Pick No. 165
- Round 6, Pick No. 206
- Round 7, Pick No. 248
Colts 2021 draft order
Colts NFL Draft needs
- Left tackle: The retirement of Anthony Castonzo leaves a gaping hole at left tackle, and Carson Wentz probably isn’t thrilled with the idea of playing behind another porous offensive line. Wentz had to deal with getting beat up his last two years in Philly, so don’t be surprised to see the Colts in the mix for offensive line help.
- EDGE: DeForest Bruckner came up just shy of a 10-sack season last year and the Colts finished the year with 2 1/2 sacks per game. Those aren’t bad numbers. The Colts, though, are without pass rusher Justin Houston, currently a free agent. Houston finished with eight sacks in 2020, the second most on the team.
- Wide receiver: TY Hilton re-upped with the Colts on a one-year deal, returning to Indianapolis for, seemingly, one last go of it. Michael Pittman Jr. had a solid rookie year in 2021, but only caught one touchdown. Carson Wentz is going to need help out there for a WR corps that’s pretty thin.
Indianapolis Colts mock draft 2021
Here are the latest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Colts, according to Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|2||54||Hamsah Nasirildeen||S||Florida State|
|4||127||Tony Fields II||LB||West Virginia|